Your Guide to Walmart’s Layaway Plan for 2020
During the holidays, take more time to pay with Layaway from Walmart. By offering you a convenient way to pay, along with our Every Day Low Prices, Walmart is the perfect place to do your Christmas shopping.
We make it easier on your wallet by spreading out holiday payments over a period of time. You don’t have to use credit cards & you don’t have to pay interest on your purchases when you use our Layaway plan.
Question: When is Layaway Available
Walmart Layaway is available in stores during the holiday season, August 28 to December 14. (Certain store locations offer the service year-round for jewelry purchases.)
Please note that Layaway is not offered online; it is only for in-store purchases.
Question : How does Layaway Work
Opening a Layaway plan is easy & only requires a few steps while you’re in the store. To initiate a Layaway, simply bring the item to the stores designated Layaway counter.
- There’s NO opening fee required for a Layaway.
- All you need to do is make a small down-payment of $10, or 10%, whichever is greater.
- Individual items must cost $10 or more.
- Your total purchase must be $50 or greater.
- You can make payments anytime on your Layaway at any register in the store.
- You can sign up for email or text reminders about payments.
Question : What can you put on Layaway
- Electronics (without service plans)
- Small appliances
- Large furniture
- Auto electronics
- Sporting goods (select items)
- Infant toys
- Infant furniture
- Fabrics & crafts
Question: Reading the FINE PRINTS
Make sure you read the fine print about our Layaway services to avoid any unnecessary surprises:
- Minimums: Individual items must be $10 or greater, & total purchases must equal $50 or more. If items are added to a layaway order dropping the deposit to less than 10% of the total basket, additional payment up to 10% of the total basket is required.
- Terms: Layaway begins August 28. Final payment and pickup must be made before the last day of Layaway at the same store where it was initiated, otherwise the account will be canceled. NOTE: Layaway excludes ALL wireless phones.
- Cancellation: If your Layaway account is canceled, items will be returned to inventory. Any down-payment and payments made will be refunded, less a $10 cancellation fee. Cancellation fee does not apply in Maryland, Ohio, Rhode Island or Washington, D.C. Cancellation fee in AL will not exceed $25. Cancellation fee in NC will not exceed $50.
- Age Requirement: Customers must be eighteen years of age (18) or older to open, receive items from, or receive refunds from a layaway account. This includes the primary customer on the account as well as any alternate pickup customers identified on the account.
- Returns: Walmart Return Policy applies to all Layaway transactions.
- Set up in stores only (not available for online purchases).
- Excludes ALL wireless phones.
- Layaway is not available on Thursday, November 26th. (Thanksgiving/Store Closed)
- See your local Walmart store for more details.
Happy Holidays Family!!